At least four people are recovering from smoke inhalation after a two-alarm fire broke out at a Montgomery County apartment building that houses elderly residents.
Officials say cooking food left unattended is the likely cause for the Sunday blaze at the complex in the north Houston suburb of The Woodlands.
The fire broke out on the first floor of the three-story independent living apartment building. Most residents of the upper floors were allowed to return later.
A fire six years ago at the same complex left one person dead.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.