Brazos Valley Burn Bans: The following counties are under a Burn Ban: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Houston, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Robertson, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker, Washington
Investigators say a 16-month-old girl was critically burned when a mosquito net draped over her crib caught fire on a space heater.
April Arroyo was flown to a burn center at Lubbock's University Medical Center after Wednesday morning's fire in El Paso County.
Fire officials say the baby suffered first- and second-degree burns to her left cheek and arms.
She remained in critical condition yesterday.
El Paso County Sheriff's spokesman Rick Glancey says the baby's mother noticed the crib was on fire and fled the house with the baby. The house, located between San Elizario and Fabens, then became engulfed in flames.
The girl's parents were not injured.
Fire officials say people should be careful to keep flammable materials such as drapes and bedding away from space heaters.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.