HOUSTON—Five CenterPoint Energy workers were critically injured Thursday after being shocked while working at an underground electrical vault at a building in downtown Houston, according to the Houston Fire Department.
It happened at the Southwestern Bell building in the 1100 block of Capitol around 10 a.m.
The workers were hit with 480 volts of electricity, according to an HFD spokesperson.
The injured workers have been transported to area hospital with different levels of significant electrical burn injuries, paramedics said.
San Jacinto, Capitol and Texas streets will remain closed until the area is cleared.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.