A small fire at a Bryan motel was big enough to send two people to the hospital Sunday morning.
Bryan fire crews responded to the Relax Inn on Texas 21 about 10:30 a.m.
Authorities say the fire was contained to one room and probably was the result of wiring problems with an air conditioning unit in the room.
The two people inside were taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center for smoke inhalation. Both were treated and released.
No firefighters were injured.
Another fire, this one in College Station, displaced three apartment residents.
The fire at Tower Park Apartments on Holleman Drive near Texas Avenue started just before 11:30 p.m., Saturday.
Crews had the fire under control in about 40 minutes.
Only one unit was damaged. The three residents were able to stay with friends.
No injuries were reported.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.