Fires Damage Bryan Motel, College Station Apartment

By: Chace Murphy Email
By: Chace Murphy Email

A small fire at a Bryan motel was big enough to send two people to the hospital Sunday morning.

Bryan fire crews responded to the Relax Inn on Texas 21 about 10:30 a.m.

Authorities say the fire was contained to one room and probably was the result of wiring problems with an air conditioning unit in the room.

The two people inside were taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center for smoke inhalation. Both were treated and released.

No firefighters were injured.

Another fire, this one in College Station, displaced three apartment residents.

The fire at Tower Park Apartments on Holleman Drive near Texas Avenue started just before 11:30 p.m., Saturday.

Crews had the fire under control in about 40 minutes.

Only one unit was damaged. The three residents were able to stay with friends.

No injuries were reported.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6302937 - kbtx.com/a?a=6302937