Toddler's Burns Warrant Chopper Trip to Burn Unit

An apartment complex incident has left a toddler with serious burns. It also made for a dramatic scene at Post Oak Mall Monday evening.

Authorities say a 22-month-old was eating dinner at the Plantation Oaks apartments around 7 p.m. when he apparently spilled hot food on himself. That spill caused first and second degree burns on the child's upper body and chest.

Emergency responders decided the injuries were significant enough for PHI to fly the boy to the Galveston burn unit. That took place in the nearby Post Oak Mall parking lot.

The toddler's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. His father flew with him to Galveston.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6326232 - kbtx.com/a?a=6326232
Gray Television, Inc.