An organization geared to helping others in the community, is now asking others to help one of their families.
Last Thursday a Habitat for Humanity home experienced a fire which devastated the inside of the house. It was the local agency's first fire to date.
No word on a definite cause for the fire.
The home has been owned by the Henderson family for more than 13 years, and with so much destruction, some local organizations are lending a helping hand.
"Having to replace food items, having to replace toiletries, hairdryers, whatever, these things we take for granted in our daily lives, and that's true of any fire victim," Bryan-College Station Habitat for Humanity Director Trish Burk said.
Habitat for Humanity and the local chapter of the Red Cross are accepting donations on the family's behalf.
The family does plan to rebuild at the current location.
To make a donation you can contact the Habitat for Humanity office in Bryan.