The Leon County Courthouse was rededicated on Sunday in Centerville.
Thanks to local efforts by Leon County and the Leon County Heritage Association the building was able to be restored.
The last dedication of the courthouse was held on December of 1886.
Time took its toll on the structure and it fell into a dilapidated state.
Monies appropriated to the Texas Historical Commission by the Texas legislature allowed the Courthouse Preservation Program to be funded.
Grants applied for and approved helped pave the way for the Leon County Courthouse to became a functional government building again.
Restoration efforts began in July of 2006 and a year later the old courthouse has a new luster.