Chemical vapors forced students to evacuate a Texas A&M University campus building Friday night.
College Station Fire Department personnel about 9:30 p.m. responded to a minor hazardous materials call at the building. A student, etching some glass with a chemical become dizzy and called 911.
The building was evacuated and fire crews checked for any chemical leaks. None was found. CSFD Battalion Chief Fred Rapczyk said the evacuation is a part of safety procedures.
"The measure that we take right off the bat is make sure that the building is evacuated, assess the chemical, what precautions we need to take our first responders," Rapczyk said.
The building was reopened about an hour later. The student who made the call was taken to the hospital for observations as a precaution.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.