The Texas Associated Press Broadcasters has recognized KBTX with 19 honors in TAPB's 2009-2010 awards. That includes nine first place wins for News 3.
The winners of the statewide awards were announced Monday. KBTX was the most honored station in Division 3, which includes the biggest markets in the state outside of the four major metros areas: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. News 3 also earned more first place wins than any other station in Division 3.
FIRST PLACE WINNERS
- News Anchor: Meredith Stancik
- Investigative Reporting: Ashlea Sigman, Lee Carpio & Andy
Conner: "Broken Promises"
- Photojournalism - Station
- Photojournalism - Individual: Andy Conner
- Deadline Editing: Jordan Meserole, "Band Legend Remembered"
- Feature Editing: Steve Fullhart, "Olsen Trial Preview"
- Interview: Steve Fullhart & Barbara Smith, "Red Light Camera Forum"
- Online/Special Content: Steve Fullhart, "Olsen Trial Blog"
- Morning Newscast: Brazos Valley This Morning, 12/16/09
SECOND PLACE WINNERS
- Sportscast: Shane McAuliffe, 03/17/09
- Spot News Coverage: "El Dorado Explosion"
- Feature - Light: Shane McAuliffe, "Autistic Piano Man"
- Documentary/Special: "Bonfire Anniversary"
- Reporter: Steve Fullhart
- Continuing Coverage: Ashlea Sigman, "Twilight Rapist"
- Deadline Editing: Jordan Meserole, "Muster 2009"
HONORABLE MENTION WINNERS
- Investigative Reporting: Kristen Ross & Andy Conner: "Private Information, Public Disclosure"
- Documentary/Special: "Voices of Veterans Special" (Tom Turbiville & Andy Conner)
- General Assignment Report: Steve Fullhart, Cody Coil & Andy Conner, "Bonfire Memorial Service"
The 19 wins put KBTX among the most honored television stations in the state. Only Houston CBS affiliate KHOU (Division 1) and San Antonio CBS affiliate KENS (Division 2) earned more TAPB honors this year. Only Midland/Odessa CBS affiliate KOSA (Division 4) and KHOU had more first place wins.
Last year, News 3 earned 13 awards from TAPB.
Congratulations also go to local radio station News Talk 1620, WTAW, for winning 16 honors in the radio category of the TAPB awards.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.