College Station firefighters spent their Monday afternoon battling a condo fire.
Authorities say the first call came in around 2:30 p.m. that a fire had broken out at the Woodbrook complex on Dartmouth.
A resident and her dog were able to escape the blaze, which officials say was put out just before 3 p.m. Both were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Four cats were also believed to be inside the apartment according to fire officials. Three were found, though only two of those survived. A fourth cat could not be found, they said.
The fire did not spread to any other condos, and officials say there was significant fire damage in one room and smoke damage throughout.
An unattended candle appears to be the cause of the fire, officials believe.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.