TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - Johnny Manziel has become the face of Texas A&M football, and Aggie fans are behind him 100 percent.
"Johnny is just part of a culture for us. He's been here since we've been here, and I don't think I'd know anything different," said Parker White, a student at Texas A&M.
The Heisman Trophy winner is known for keeping people guessing on the field, but Manziel's upcoming decision about going to the NFL has left Aggie fans wondering what he will do next.
Manziel has until January 15th to make his decision.
"If I were him, I'd definitely go out for the NFL," said Per Johnson, a Texas A&M student.
"Oh I hope he stays. I'll go nuts if he stays," said Andre Perrard, a long-time Aggie football fan.
Jonathan Narramore is also trying to stay positive.
"Everyone is like, 'He's not going to stay. He's going to take the money and go to the NFL.' But I'm thinking there's a 99% chance that he does, but there's that 1% chance he doesn't. That's what I'm shooting for," said Narramore.
In effort to keep Johnny Football for one more year, Narramore created a "Stay in Aggieland Manziel 2014" Facebook page and invited 60 friends.
"By midnight I have a 100 likes," said Narramore. "I woke up the next morning and I had 1,000. I looked in the afternoon and I had 5,000. I went to bed I had over 10,000. And I'm like this is going somewhere," said Narramore.
Now, almost 22,000 people have liked the page.
Narramore hopes Johnny will see the page and it will influence his decision.
"I believe that with a good defense, Johnny back, hopefully Evans back too, and of course Sumlin, we'll win a national championship next year for the first time since 1939," said Narramore.
Fans in Aggieland hope Narramore's plan works, but they say they'll be behind Manziel either way.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.