BRYAN The school board for the Bryan Independent School District has extended the contract of its superintendent.
At Monday's meeting, trustees voted to add a year to Tommy Wallis' deal.
Wallis is currently in the third year of his tenure at BISD, and earned a fourth following what the district described as a positive performance review.
BISD released five points by which Wallis was evaluated:
1. Meet the educational needs of every student by continually addressing instruction and learning so all students reach their maximum potential.
2. Recruit and retain a high quality workforce to support student success.
3. Optimize resources to support district goals and student success.
4. Maintain and develop quality facilities that support student success.
5. Proactively improve communication and perception of BISD by engaging the students, community and district employees.
Any raise for Wallis would be tied to any percentage pay increase for administrative staff in the coming year, which will be part of upcoming budget talks.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.