Bryan Kroger Evacuated Due to Smoke in Produce Department

By  | 

The Kroger store on Boonville Road in Bryan was evacuated for about 20 minutes Thursday night after a compressor in the produce area began to smoke.

Bryan firefighters responded and quickly located the problem.

Shoppers were alerted to evacuate on the store's intercom.

Customer Maria Gomez says, "What they told the customers over the p-a, you know, come to the front, start checking out your items, the store is going to be temporarily closed. "

Firefighters say no one was in danger and customers were allowed to return.