KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

Bryan McDonald's Briefly Evacuated After Smoke Fills Ceiling

Smoke in the kitchen of a popular fast food restaurant in Bryan sent firefighters to the scene Wednesday morning.

Bryan Firefighters responded to the McDonald's located at 700 South Texas Avenue near downtown around 11 o'clock.

No fire was found but investigators believe the smoke came from a damaged light bulb.

The restaurant was evacuated for more than 30 minutes while firefighters checked the building.

No one was injured.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 211260101