HOUSTON (AP) The Census Bureau on Thursday released a list of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Texas and the West dominated the top spots.
Here is the list of the fastest-growing municipalities for 2012-13:
1. San Marcos, Texas
2. Frisco, Texas
3. South Jordan, Utah
4. Cedar Park, Texas
5. Lehi, Utah
6. Goodyear, Arizona
7. Georgetown, Texas
8. Gaithersburg, Maryland
9. Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
10. Meridian, Idaho
11. Odessa, Texas
12. Gilbert, Arizona
13. McKinney, Texas
14. Franklin, Tennessee
15. Pearland, Texas
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division, Vintage 2013 Population Estimates Release Date: May 2014
Here is a list of the 15 cities that enjoyed the most numeric growth and their current population:
1. New York, New York - 8,405,837
2. Los Angeles, California - 3,884,307
3. Chicago, Illinois - 2,718,782
4. Houston, Texas - 2,195,914
5. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 1,553,165
6. Phoenix, Arizona - 1,513,367
7. San Antonio, Texas - 1,409,019
8. San Diego, California - 1,355,896
9. Dallas, Texas - 1,257,676
10. San Jose, California - 998,537
11. Austin, Texas - 885,400
12. Indianapolis, Indiana - 843,393
13. Jacksonville, Florida - 842,583
14. San Francisco, California - 837,442
15. Columbus, Ohio - 822,553
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division, Vintage 2013 Population Estimates
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.