Chimney Fire Damages Bryan Duplex

BRYAN, Texas The cold weather contributed to a house fire in Bryan Monday night.

A little after seven o'clock firefighters responded to a chimney fire in the 3600 of Elliot Street which is near the Boonville Cemetery.

Firefighters says damage was confined to inside the chimney and a section of the roof where they had to fight the fire.

"When we got here we had fire. It looked like it was fire through the roof, turned out it was just an isolated chimney fire. The chimney was on fire and just the immediate area around, around it," said Lt. Jason Merriwether with the Bryan Fire Department.

Fortunately no one was hurt in the fire.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 242320821 - kbtx.com/a?a=242320821
Gray Television, Inc.