KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

Cigarette Ignites Restaurant Fire

By: Natasha Sweatte Email
By: Natasha Sweatte Email

A small fire broke out a local restaurant early Saturday morning after fire officials said an old discarded cigarette came into contact with nearby shrubbery.

Bryan firefighters responded to the call just before 3 a.m.at Shipwreck Grill located at 206 E Villa Maria Rd. According to the Bryan Fire Department, the fire ignited when an old discarded cigarette near the front patio came into contact with the nearby vegetation. Fire fighters were able to quickly put out the blaze. The owner of Shipwreck Grill made repairs to the damaged area. The restaurant was back open for business Saturday afternoon.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 223779311 - kbtx.com/a?a=223779311