College Station Home Invasion Woman Speaks Out About Attack

By  | 

COLLEGE STATION - Frightening moments for a College Station mom whose life was threatened Thursday by a man who broke into her home while she and her three-year-old son were sleeping.

We first told you about this scary timeline Thursday night, but now the woman is talking about the man with a knife she came face to face with.

News 3 has more on how the mom fought back to protect herself and her son.

Ashley Ellen of College Station woke up to a nightmare early Thursday morning. A stranger came into her home on Milner Drive while she and her three-year-old son Brody were sleeping in the living room.

"He had a knife you just don't come into somebody's house with a knife with great intentions, so we definitely got really lucky .I mean my son was standing right there the the time he was just screaming I was screaming," said Ellen.

She woke up to take care of her son after he'd had an accident and as she walked to her bedroom.

"I was pushing it and it wasn't giving any and that's when I flipped the light on and I turned right here and he hit me coming this way and then I fell over here in this corner," she said.

The two fought briefly and Ashley got knocked to the floor. She pushed back avoiding getting hurt by the man holding a double bladed knife.

"I asked him why he was here and he said he was just looking," she said.

She says the man seemed coherent and left after she put up a fight.

The man came in and out through the front door. Ashley Ellen says she always locks it but had forgotten that night.

She says changes are on the way.

"I have a security system on the way and yes I plan on getting a doberman," Ellen said.

"I just hope that he gets caught..... shouldn't get away with terrorizing a family and God knows if he did it this time what he's capable of doing to somebody else," she said.

She's thankful she and her son are safe now.

The suspect is described as a white man in his 20's, about 6 feet to 6-feet 2-inches tall., weighing 200 to 230 pounds.

He was wearing a black t-shirt and a black knit skull cap.

The victim only received some cuts and scrapes during the scuffle with the suspect.