TYLER, Texas - Police suspect carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric generator operating indoors in the deaths of an East Texas couple whose bodies were found in their home.
A Tyler police statement says police were called to the couple's home about 3 p.m. Tuesday after a family member found their bodies. Police found the gasoline-powered generator had been operating inside the home. Sgt. Paul Robeson says an autopsy has been ordered.
The couple was identified as 50-year-old Cynthia Pettigrew and Johnathan Lydia, whose 49th birthday would have been Tuesday. The statement says the family member reported not having heard from the two in days.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.