*10 P.M. Update*
A dozen residents of a College Station apartment complex are displaced Saturday night after two units catch fire.
The fire broke out just after 7:30 at the Doux Chene apartments on Harvey Mitchell Parkway.
College Station fire officials say the fire began in a downstairs unit, then spread to an upstairs one.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze.
The remaining units of that building have been evacuated for the night until the power can be fixed.
Fire officials believe unattended cooking is to blame.
"Right now it seems like there is about 12 people that are gonna be displaced at least overnight. They all seem to have either friends or relatives they're going to be able to stay with. So our CART team is assisting as they need and so far we haven't had to call the Red Cross," said Bart Humphreys, College Station Fire Department Public Information Officer.
The resident inside the apartment where the fire broke out told News 3 it was caused by a grease fire.
Apartment management is putting displaced residents in vacant units as needed.
We're told many of them already have a temporary place to stay.
About a dozen residents at the Doux Chene Apartment Complex are displaced Saturday night after two units were damaged by fire.
According to the College Station Fire Department, emergency responders were dispatched to the fire at 7:36 P.M. The fire was reportedly under control by 8:02 P.M. No injuries were reported.
Officials say a cooking fire in a first floor apartment was to blame. The fire then spread to the unit above it. The affected building, which contains six other apartments was evacuated.
Power could be restored to the remaining units as early as Sunday.
Upload your photo, with a caption of your reason to smile, then watch the last half hour of BVTM from 6:30A - 7A Monday mornings to see if your photo makes it.