DOBBIN Update: 6/13/13, 2:00 P.M.
Montgomery County Fire Marshals say Jennifer Mock, 55 years old, has died as a result of injuries sustained in the explosion.
65 year-old Lena Mock Knight and 8-month-old Wyatt Mock Smith remain in critical condition at Houston-area hospitals.
Two women and a baby boy from Montgomery County are in critical condition, after a house they were in exploded Tuesday morning in the town of Dobbin, near Conroe.
Fire marshals say their initial investigation showed a propane tank was leaking in the house, and they believe the explosion happened when one of the women lit a stove.
"Everyone who was here, who witnessed it. They're shaken," said Tomie Pittman, a Dobbin resident.
Fire marshals say 65 year-old Lena Mock Knight, 55-year-old Jennifer Mock, and Jennifer's grandson, 8-month-old Wyatt Mock Smith were in the house at the time of the explosion.
People who were nearby pulled the three victims out of the debris, and cared for them until first responders arrived.
Officials say all three people were airlifted to burn units at Houston-area hospitals.
Doctors say baby Wyatt is stable, but has severe head injuries, and burns to 54 percent of his body.
"He was trapped initially under the debris pile, but he was found and rescued by an employee from Consolidated Communications who had witnessed the explosion," according to a press release from the Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office.
Witnesses say the blast was felt more than 20 miles away, and it shattered windows in several neighboring houses.
"Everybody around here knows everybody. And when something like this happens, you come together," said Pittman.
Neighbors have gone above and beyond to help people hurt in the explosion.
"We spent time in prayer and let them know they're not alone. That we're here for them in large numbers, and we'll pull together when there's a disaster like this," said Pastor Robert Stokes with Lonestar Cowboy Church.
Wednesday, volunteers helped repair neighboring houses that were damaged by the explosion. Then, they say they'll be on standby to clean up the Mock's house across the street.
Fire marshal's say the investigation into the explosion could continue for several weeks.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.