BRYAN, Texas -- Texas A&M Junior post player Kelsey Bone was selected 5th overall in the WNBA Draft Monday night in Bristol, Connecticut.
Bone becomes the first Aggie ever selected in the first round of the WNBA Draft.
Among Bone’s highlights in an Aggie uniform were a career-high 33-point outburst in the World Vision Classic in Las Vegas against Old Dominion, one of her SEC-leading two 30-point outings this past season. The center also recorded an Aggie Reed Arena-record 17 rebounds against Ole Miss in late February. Additionally, Bone led the league in field-goal percentage.
TEXAS A&M’S ALL-TIME WNBA DRAFT SELECTIONS (11)
. Kelsey Bone* (5th overall, 2013 First Round, New York Liberty)
· Tyra White* (16th overall, 2012 Second Round, Los Angeles Sparks)
· Sydney Carter* (27th overall, 2012 Third Round, Chicago Sky)
· Sydney Colson* (16th overall, 2011 Second Round, Connecticut Sun [traded to New York Liberty])
· Danielle Adams* (20th overall, 2011 Second Round, San Antonio Silver Stars)
· Tanisha Smith* (22nd overall, 2010 Second Round, Seattle Storm)
· Danielle Gant* (16th overall, 2009 Second Round, Chicago Sky)
· Morenike Atunrase* (24th overall, 2008 Second Round, Atlanta Dream [traded to San Antonio Silver Stars])
· A’Quonesia Franklin* (38th overall, 2008 Third Round, Sacramento Monarchs)
· Toccara Williams* (34th overall, 2004 Third Round, San Antonio Silver Stars)
· Jaynetta Saunders (27th overall, 2001 Second Round, Cleveland Rockers)
* under Gary Blair