A late morning fire Saturday led to the evacuation of about 20 residents of the Peppertree Apartment Complex in College Station.
College Fire Department says it started when an unattended candle on top of a television caught the bottom floor on fire.
The fire then spread to the second story of the apartment complex.
Parts of second floor was visibly charred as firefighters stood on a ladder truck to put out the fire completely.
Firefighters say a smoke alarm was responsible for alerting people to get out safely.
Witnesses say they started to smell and see smoke when someone called 911.
According to one witness everyone was able to get out of the complex without injury.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.