Tuesday marked the beginning of the 83rd Legislative Session for the Texas House of Representatives and Senate.
KBTX News 3 was there for the swearing in, and spoke with local leaders who will represent the region.
The complete interviews with the elected officials listed below are attached to this story.
- Rep. Kyle Kacal, a Republican entering his first session representing District 12, which covers rural portions of Brazos County, Robertson County and others.
- Rep. Lois Kolkhorst, a Republican entering her seventh session representing District 13, which covers Washington, Burleson and Grimes Counties, among others.
- Rep. John Raney, a Republican entering his first session representing District 14, which covers most of Bryan/College Station.
- Rep. John Otto, a Republican entering his fifth session representing District 18, which covers Walker County, among others.
- Rep. Trent Ashby, a Republican entering his first session representing District 57, which covers Madison and Leon Counties, among others.
- Sen. Charles Schwertner, a Republican entering his first session as a senator representing District 5, which covers Brazos, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Milam, Robertson and Walker Counties, among others.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.