Tuesday marked the beginning of the 83rd Legislative Session for the Texas House of Representatives and Senate.
KBTX News 3 was there for the swearing in, and spoke with local leaders who will represent the region.
The complete interviews with the elected officials listed below are attached to this story.
- Rep. Kyle Kacal, a Republican entering his first session representing District 12, which covers rural portions of Brazos County, Robertson County and others.
- Rep. Lois Kolkhorst, a Republican entering her seventh session representing District 13, which covers Washington, Burleson and Grimes Counties, among others.
- Rep. John Raney, a Republican entering his first session representing District 14, which covers most of Bryan/College Station.
- Rep. John Otto, a Republican entering his fifth session representing District 18, which covers Walker County, among others.
- Rep. Trent Ashby, a Republican entering his first session representing District 57, which covers Madison and Leon Counties, among others.
- Sen. Charles Schwertner, a Republican entering his first session as a senator representing District 5, which covers Brazos, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Milam, Robertson and Walker Counties, among others.