"Murder at the Crossroads" Chandell Lewis and Harry Munson Part Three

By  | 

Over the past few days you've gone behind the headlines of two murder investigations in Robertson County.

In the final segment of "Murder at the Crossroads", News 3's Jessica James takes a closer look at the serious allegations that family members say link the two cases together.

Three men were charged in the killings of Chandell Lewis and Harry Munson. On December 20th 2009, people piled into the seats of a Robertson County Courtroom.

It was a day Sharonda Lewis and other family members were looking forward to.

"There's a lot of questions that we don't have all the answers to right now. Until we get the answers, this family is not going to be alright with the situation until justice is served."

The men charged for Lewis' and Munsons' murders - D'nard Anderson, Dameon Laws and Derrick Bible.

The Robertson County District Attorney's office offered Anderson a reduced sentence in exchange for his testimony. John Paschall, District Attorney said it was his testimony that helped "seal the deal" in the otherwise "shaky" case.

"The scene wasn't secured, it wasn't the fault of law enforcement but it seems as soon as the shots were fired numerous people showed up at the scene."

Paschall says Anderson was the driver, and that the other two men committed the murders.

After five days of testimony, the jury began deliberations. Five hours later, Derick Bible learned his fate: guilty of capitol murder. He was sentenced to life in prison.

It was scheduled to start just a few days shy of the two-year anniversary of Lewis and Monson's deaths.

In the months leading up to the trial, two witnesses listed in the police reports were found dead.

In August 2010 David Bundage, one of the only people to catch a glimpse of the shooter's car, was found dead in his trailer home. Then., Vince Richardson, one of the first witnesses to come forward in 2008, was found on the front porch of a house in Bryan.

Police later said the cause of death was from natural causes.

One day before the second suspect, Dameon Laws, was set to go on trial, District Attorney John Paschall offered him a deal. He plead guilty and was sentenced to 30 years.

Paschall claims he drew up the deal with Laws because of the large number of state's witnesses who suddenly landed behind bars.

“Several had been arrested and placed in Federal custody. “

Jail records show many of those witnesses had already served time when they testified in the first trial. In fact , their rap sheets were brought up during testimony.