KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

No Southgate Village Apartment Residents Stay In Shelter After Gas Leak

COLLEGE STATION, Texas Heat and hot water are returning to a College Station apartment complex after a gas leak caused them to be turned off Sunday night.

The Red Cross set up a shelter at A&M Consolidated Middle School as an option for people who didn't want to stay in their units without hot water or heat.

But we're told nobody stayed in the shelter overnight.

526 residents live in Southgate Village and all 200 units were impacted when several leaks were found in the gas line.

Plumbers worked around the clock Monday night and most of Tuesday making repairs.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238293891