Nobody Hurt in Early Morning House Fire

By: KBTX News Staff
By: KBTX News Staff

Nobody was hurt in a house fire in the 1000 block of Hemingway Drive in College Station.

Fire crews say they were called out around 3 o'clock Wednesday morning to the home, after the owners saw a large amount smoke coming from the chimney.

Firefighters arrived and discovered the homeowner was using a firebox inside the home and smoke was coming from the wall behind it.

After checking the entire house, firefighters had to cut a hole in the wall behind the firebox to put out the fire.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239229271 - kbtx.com/a?a=239229271
Gray Television, Inc.