Bryan Fire crews responded to an early morning house fire Friday.
Just after 6:30am, firefighters were called out to 2800 block of Highway 21 near FM 2818 after calls of a mobile home fire came in.
According to neighbors, a family of five was inside the home at the time the fire started. They all made it out safely, but there is significant damage.
The fire was put out before 7am. Fire officials believe the fire was started by a space heater and the home did not have smoke detectors.
Stay with KBTX for the latest details.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.