A port-o-potty fire Monday afternoon in the Carlos area of Grimes County sent thick black smoke into the air.
It happened at the Madole Rental portable toilet facility east of the intersection of Highway 30 and FM 244.
The Grimes County Sheriff's office says the company was burning some trash and the fire spread to about 20 portable toilets.
The black smoke was caused by the burning of plastic and fiberglass.
Units from the Anderson and Iola Fire Departments quickly brought the fire under control.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.