The failure of a transformer at a substation in College Station caused a power outage of less than half-an-hour Monday morning.
According to College Station Utilities, customers on four feeders lost power around 9:15 a.m. following a failure of a Post Oak Substation transformer. The cause was unknown as of Monday morning.
About 4,100 customers were without power for about 22 minutes before power was restored.
According to CSU, the areas affected were as follows:
- Manual Drive
- Target area
- Crystal Park area
- North Forest Pkwy
- Emerald Plaza area
- Back-up Carters Creek WWTP
- Emerald Forest and Foxfire
- Briarwood Apts
- Bank of America
- South Side of University including University Town Center
- Woodstone Shopping Center
- Lincoln area including College Hills Elementary