Brazos Valley Burn Bans: The following counties are under a Burn Ban: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Houston, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Robertson, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker, Washington
Several residents living at a local retirement community are returning back to their apartments after water damage forced them out.
Dozens of residents at Crestview Terrace on Villa Maria Road in Bryan were evacuated yesterday evening when a fire broke out.
“I heard some water dripping then of course I got soaking wet,” said Catherine Lamb, a Crestview Terrace resident.
Lamb was evacuated from her apartment. She lives directly below the unit where a fire started that sparked the emergency sprinkler system.
A day after the incident, the clean-up continues, and so has the chatter.
"We wanted to know what happened, and how come it happened,” said Dorothy Berry, another resident.
Investigators say the culprit is a grease fire.
Mathew Currie is the executive director at Crestview Terrace.
He says 8 residents had damage to their apartments from the emergency sprinkler system.
The residents were all displaced either at a local hotel or with family and friends.
Currie says they continue to clean up and make sure the apartments are safe. Soon all of the residents staying elsewhere will be able to come home.
"We will welcome them back with open arms,” said Currie.
No one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.