Chancellor John Sharp today announced a nine-member team, seven voting and two ex-officio, to begin the search for the next president of one of the top research universities in the nation, Texas A&M University.
The search process will be led by Korn/Ferry International, a recognized leader in senior executive search with a specialty in higher education. Kenneth Kring, co-managing director of the Global Education practice, will lead the search process and work directly with the search advisory committee. Kring has successfully placed over 250 executive positions.
The search advisory committee will deliver a minimum of three recommended candidates to The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents. Members of the search committee include:
• Regent Cliff Thomas (Victoria, Texas) – Chairman of the Committee and CEO of Thomas Petroleum, LLC
• Regent Elaine Mendoza (San Antonio, Texas) – President and CEO of Conceptual MindWorks, Inc.
• Dr. John Gladysz (College Station, Texas) – Distinguished Professor and Dow Chair in Chemical Invention, Texas A&M University
• Dr. Joanne Lupton (College Station, Texas) – Distinguished Professor, Regents Professor, University Faculty Fellow and William W. Allen Endowed Chair in Nutrition, Texas A&M University
• Dr. John Stallone (College Station, Texas) – Professor in the Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A&M University
• Dan Allen Hughes (Beeville, Texas) – President and CEO of Dan A. Hughes Company, LP and Hupecol Operating Company, LLC
• Cindy Taylor (Houston, Texas) – President and CEO of Oil States International, Inc.
• Lisa Blum – Chair of Staff Council, Texas A&M University
• Reid Joseph (Dallas, Texas) – Student Body President
“I feel very fortunate to have such a diverse and dedicated group of individuals dedicated to this critical search,” said Sharp. “There is no more important decision that will be made over the coming months.”
The group will begin the process as soon as possible and regular updates will be furnished as the process moves forward.