COLLEGE STATION- A small fire on the 3rd floor of the Jack E. Brown Chemical Engineering Building at Texas A&M prompted an evacuation Sunday afternoon.
The College Station Fire Department says the call came in around 5 p.m. as a smoke alarm.
A calibration machine overheated and caused a small fire that spread smoke through parts of the building.
7 people were evacuated.
Once the fire was extinguished and smoke was cleared from the building, people were allowed to return.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.