Bryan, TX – For the second year in a row, Healthgrades has named St. Joseph among the top 100 hospitals in the nation. (See below for a complete list of awards.)
Healthgrades independently measures hospitals based on data hospitals themselves submit to the federal government. This year, the organization evaluated approximately 40 million Medicare hospitalization records on services performed from 2009 through 2011. Approximately 4,500 short-term, acute care hospitals nationwide were included.
No hospital can opt in or out of being measured, and no hospital pays to be measured. Healthgrades risk adjusts for patient demographic characteristics and clinical risk factors, thereby taking into account how sick patients are upon hospital admission. Performance outcomes for 2013 are now available at www.healthgrades.com.
America's Best 100 Hospitals
• Orthopedic Surgery 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
• Replacement 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
• Spine Surgery 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
• Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
• Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
• Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
• Ranked Among the Top 5 in TX for Overall Orthopedic Services 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013) (Ranked 2 in 2013)
• Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
What 5-star Means
• Hospitals that are 5-star rated have risk adjusted mortality or complication rates that are among the lowest in the country. To put it simply, people are more likely to have successful treatment without major complications, on average, at hospitals in this category.
• Healthgrades found that patients treated in hospitals receiving 5 stars had, on average, 75% lower risk of dying than if they were treated in hospitals receiving 1 star (across 18 common procedures and diagnoses, such as heart bypass surgery, stroke, and pneumonia).
St. Joseph is 5-Star Rated for:
• Treatment of Stroke (2012-2013)
• Carotid Surgery (2007-2013)
• Spine Surgery (2006-2013)
• Back and Neck Surgery (except Fusion) (2006-2013)
• Back and Neck Surgery (Fusion) (2009-2013)
• Treatment of Pneumonia (2012-2013)
• Orthopedic Services (2011-2013)
• Joint Replacement (2008-2013)
• Total Knee Replacement (2008-2013)
• Total Hip Replacement (2011-2013)
• Hip Fracture Repair (2011-2013)
National Research Corporation
According to the National Research Corporation, people in the Bryan-College Station market have ranked St. Joseph at the top of the list for: overall quality, best doctors, best nurses and best reputation. Meaning, for the fourth-straight year, St. Joseph will receive the 2012/2013 Consumer Choice Award. The award is based on the largest consumer survey on Healthcare in the United States.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.