BRYAN, Texas -- The Texas A&M (24-9) women's basketball team knew they would start their "Road To New Orleans" at home and tonight found out that the SEC Tournament Champions would open up on Saturday at 3:05pm against Missouri Valley Conference Champion Wichita State (24-9) in the first round at Reed Arena.
Southern Athletic Conference Champion Chattanooga (29-3) will face Big Ten At-Large selection Nebraska (23-8) in the second half of the College Station bracket of the Norfolk Regional at 5:30pm on Saturday.
The winner of the College Station bracket will face the winner of the Durham bracket which is being hosted by 2nd seed Duke (30-2).
Here are the seedings and match-ups of the SEC teams that will play in this year's NCAA Tournament.
6) LSU (20-11) vs 11) Green Bay (29-2), Sunday 6:30pm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Spokane Regional
4) Georgia (25-6) vs 13) Montana (24-7), Saturday 5:30pm in Spokane, Washington - Spokane Regional
8) Vanderbilt (20-11) vs 9) St. Joseph (23-8), Saturday 10am in Storrs, Connecticut - Bridgeport Regional
2) Kentucky (27-5) vs 15) Navy (21-11), Sunday 11:00am in Lexington, Kentucky - Bridgeport Regional
4) South Carolina (24-7) vs 13) San Diego State (25-7), Saturday 3pm in Boulder, Colorado - Norfolk Regional
3) Texas A&M (24-9) vs 14) Wichita State (24-9), Saturday 3:05pm in College Station, Texas - Norfolk Regional
2) Tennessee (24-7) vs 15) Oral Roberts (18-12), Saturday 12:30pm in Knoxville, Tennessee - Oklahoma City Regional
The Big 12 also got seven teams in the tournament lead by #1 overall National Seed Baylor, 5th seed Iowa State, 6th seed Oklahoma, 7th seed Oklahoma State, 7th seed Texas Tech, 11th seed West Virginia, and 12th seed Kansas.
The Lady Bears (32-1) will open up tournament play against 16th seed Prairie View A&M (17-14) Sunday at 6:30 in Waco.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.