In the wake of Monday's news of the latest cyber breach of information -- College Station Medical Center's parent company having some customer info stolen -- we wanted to provide some tips to help keep your information as secure as possible.
Catherine Gibson, a cybersecurity training coordinator with TEEX, provided this advice and some helpful links that could protect your money and life's details.
1. Be Aware – listen for breaches, check your statements, be proactive with your online security
2. Keep Records - document everything in the event you have a financial loss
3. Be secure - Make sure your data is backed up, passwords are strong and your security is set high
4. Be skeptical! Don’t trust links even from people you know, they could have been hacked
5. Know where to go for trusted information
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.