Be green in Bryan this holiday season
It is estimated that between Thanksgiving and the New Year an extra million tons of waste are generated nationwide each week. In fact, 38,000 miles of ribbon alone is thrown out each year--enough to tie a bow around the Earth!
As part of its ongoing efforts to “be green,” the City of Bryan is offering a variety of tips at www.begreeninbryan.com on how to reduce, reuse and recycle this holiday season. The City’s sustainability Web site is your one-stop site for all the simple steps you will need to “be green in Bryan” from now until the New Year, including:
• How to save money and energy when lighting your home or holiday tree.
• Suggestions for “green” gifts
• How to recycle common holiday items locally
• Tips on how to have a waste-free holiday
• A sign-up form to receive a FREE canvas reusable shopping bag from the City of Bryan – 200 available on a first-come, first-serve basis
• Information on how to recycle your live Christmas tree after the holidays
• Promotion of recycling by donating gently used toys with the Bryan Police Department’s Blue Christmas project.
“The City of Bryan would like to encourage everyone to try at least one of the Web site’s waste-reducing efforts during the holiday season,” said Mary Strauss, Sustainability Programs Coordinator. “Not only will it prevent excess waste from going into our landfill, but it will help to preserve some of our precious resources.”
Additional Contact Information
Bryan sustainability coordinator
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.