WHAT: In celebration of National Pancake Day, IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Shriners Hospitals for Children and other local charities.
This year, IHOP is hoping to stack up more donations than ever before, with a goal to raise $1.75 million, for a total of $5 million in five years with its National Pancake Day fundraising effort. To find a local IHOP or to donate online, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com
WHY: For every delicious short stack of buttermilk pancakes served on National Pancake Day, IHOP guests are invited to make a donation to Shriners Hospitals for Children, a network of 22 pediatric hospitals throughout North America that provides all services free of charge.
WHEN: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
WHERE: Participating IHOP restaurants in the Waco-Temple-Killeen, TX area will benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Fun Facts From National Pancake Day 2009:
• Pancake lovers donated nearly $1.5 million to children’s charities, far exceeding the fundraising goal.
• IHOP served more than 2.5 million free pancakes on National Pancake Day 2009.
• All of the free pancakes served on National Pancake Day would create a stack more than 20 miles high.
• Since the inception of National Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised more than $3.25 million and given away more than 6.1 million pancakes to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
• National Pancake Day 2009 was IHOP’s largest one-day event in the company’s 51-year history.