In the summer of 2012, Atkinson Toyota Scion was reviewing their philanthropy calendar for the year and was looking for positive ways to promote education through our family of dealerships. Thus, the Atkinson It Pays to Stay Program was born! We chose public high schools around the areas where our two dealerships were located and invited them to participate in this program.
The program is simple, based on each school’s/district’s attendance policy, every registered (with Atkinson Toyota Scion) graduating senior with perfect attendance that attends our end of the school year banquet on Sunday, June 7, 2015 at the Hilton College Station will be eligible to win a brand new Scion tC.
The deadline for graduating seniors to register their intent to participate in the program is Tuesday, September 30, 2014. And as such, all registrations forms must be postmarked by that day. Should any student transfer into a participating school the registration form and proof of transfer must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 31, 2014.
The winner will be chosen at random at our end of school year banquet. Each eligible student and one guest will be invited to attend at no charge. We also anticipate giving out monetary scholarships to secondary schools to several of the participants after the winner for the car is drawn. They will be good for the following academic year only. The number and value of the scholarships is still to be determined. CLICK HERE FOR YOUR REGISTRATION FORM.
1. Perfect attendance period is Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - Friday, May 15, 2015.
2. Each student must be a 2014-2015 graduating senior high school student at one of the participating schools.
3. Each student must register their intent to participate with Atkinson Toyota Scion by Tuesday, September 30, 2014, either online or by mailing in a registration form postmarked by the deadline to:
Attn: It Pays to Stay Program
728 N. Earl Rudder Fwy.
Bryan, TX 77802
4. Student must be present at the Sunday, June 7, 2015 banquet to win. Banquet will be at the Hilton College Station.
5. Each participating school/district will determine its own perfect attendance criteria.
6. Alternative schools within the participating school districts are invited to participate as well and may have different requirements.
7. Winner, or winner's parents if the winner is not 18 at the time of the drawing, will be issued an Internal Revenue Service tax form showing the value of the prize. A form must be completed and signed before receiving prize. All applicable income taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Each student must have a mentor. Mentors may be a parent, teacher, coach, counselor, youth director, etc. Any responsible adult willing to encourage and participate in contest with a registered student may be considered a mentor.
9. Students who transfer into a participating school (after September 30, 2014) must register by December 31, 2014 unless transferring from an already participating school.
10. Registered student, parent and/or mentor may be contacted by local media and be featured in publicity footage, but may decline if not interested or available.
11. None of the participating sponsors, contributors and/or participants may be held liable for any reason related to the program that may be deemed unfavorable.
12. Registration form must be filled out completely for program acceptance.