FLSA Status: Unpaid Internship
Job Status: Unpaid Internship
Work Schedule: Varies
Reports To: Innkeeper
Amount of Travel Required: N/A
This position will be responsible for assisting the Villa Bed and Breakfast and other hospitality departments with necessary projects and tasks. This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Function Statement(s)
• Assist Innkeeper with hospitality for all guests and visitors
• Assist with intake of reservation information by telephone, online or in person
• Confirm and assist with all reservation specifics for individual or group bookings
• Organize and inventory supply of linen, cleaning supplies, guest room supplies and amenities
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate guest needs
• Help with booking records, sales, expenditures per accounting system
• Assist with maintaining the database for guest information
• Assist with maintaining housekeeping and departmental procedure manual
• Filing Villa records, including but not limited to receipts, purchase orders, stock transfers, invoices, inventory spreadsheets, register information, and all other Villa information
• Sorting and organizing information, products, files, binders and paperwork
• Participate in merchandising and marketing initiatives
• Interact with customers to provide maximum hospitality experience
• Assist with maintaining cleanliness and organization of building
• Assist with Villa functions, as well as other hospitality functions in other departments if needed
• Filing, copying, answer phones, direct calls, and projects assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience in retail, hotel, hospitality or related field working closely with public
• Must be people and hospitality oriented
• Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to deal with guests, co-workers and business associates in a courteous and professional manner
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, eye for detail, positive motivational attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the intern is regularly required to talk or hear. The intern is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The intern is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The intern must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The intern is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an intern encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.