Marketing and Public Relations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Managers are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their tasks (approximately 45-55 hours per week). Managers are expected to attend monthly and weekly meetings as assigned.
Reports To: CEO
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
This position is responsible for the direction and execution of all marketing and public relations for Messina Hof Winery and Resort and its related departments.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Responsible for growth and development of Messina Hof and increase market share
· Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of marketing initiatives
· Responsible for departmental budget development
· Maintain daily paperwork (purchase orders, thank-you notes, order materials, etc.)
· Maintain all necessary paperwork, statistics, and reports needed to develop wholesale and distribution
· Act as distributor liaison for wholesale sales, pickup, ride withs, meetings, presentations
· Fulfill daily “emergency requests”, such as requests for wine information from distributors and retailers, requests for press packets, requests for customer list information and other information that must be tracked down compiled and sent
· Supervise public relations and marketing employees
· Coordinate marketing initiatives and activities of departments. Maintain open communication with other Messina Hof departmental managers on execution of tasks to ensure their marketing needs are being met.
· Identify and communicate all items to be promoted to Messina Hof staff and follow through on marketing events and programs
· Maintain marketing materials for company-wide events for placement across Messina Hof properties
· Plan, organize and execute advertising campaigns, as well as create aggressive promotions and marketing strategies
· Design and create all newsletters, press releases, company marketing materials, labels, ads, radio scripts, posters, and displays
· Write the text on labels and other POS materials
· Manage donation requests, press kits, printed material inventories, travel arrangements, wine pulls and artwork production
· Execute all federal and state label approvals (includes overseeing label design, filling out forms, copying and gluing labels and securing checks and notarizations)
· Execute Vintner’s dinner/appearances, protocols
· Follow through and complete function sheets for Marketing events (i.e. festivals, demos, etc.)
· Maintain master calendar of events and deadlines for Owners
· Create and get approval for advertising schedule, then place all advertising
· Work with Public Relations firm on applicable tasks, such as contacting media for events
· Maintain customer database and e-mail list and coordinate weekly e-mail blasts
· Assist with website management, development, SEO rankings, blogging and social medical campaigns and marketing initiatives
· Call distributors for POS needs, send requests to them, then follow-up with phone calls
· Calculate spending and zip code information to determine target customers
· Initiate the label production process, then deliver laser proofs to Paul upon request
· Oversee marketing needs for competitions, festivals, conventions, etc.
· Get bids for various projects and marketing initiatives
· Supervise the overprinting of labels, bottle neckers, etc.
· Assist Retail department with large private label orders
· Monitor TABC and TTB compliance and maintain media files and TTB/TABC submissions
· Represent Messina Hof at applicable events and meetings
· Make sales/promotional presentations to potential clients. Create and deliver presentations to individuals and/or groups
· Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers, industry partners and media contacts
· Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets
· Provide any and all necessary channels of communication to all relevant contacts with the news, media and related communities
· Maintain Brand standards according to documented Brand strategy, personality and values
· Complete all computer layout work/camera ready art as needed and work with vendors to coordinate digital artwork necessary to complete assigned projects
· Perform other duties as required
· Related degree and/or 3-5 years of experience
· Have good long and short term memory and ability to maintain records, organize and multi-task
· Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with a variety of computer programs, including graphic design, desktop publishing, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, CounterPoint, etc.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet necessary sales goals and deadlines
· Understand fundamentals of Public Relations, how it complements Marketing and how it supports overall Brand building
· Excellent communicator and relationship builder
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.