Public Relations and
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Approximately 40 hours
per week Reports To: Marketing and PR Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
This position is responsible for shaping the image of Messina Hof Winery and Resort. This role includes supervision of overall brand management, generating public awareness of the company’s goods and services, enhancing the public image of Messina Hof, and creating key connections with media contacts, industry partners and customers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Supervise overall brand management and maintain professional company image
• Provide administrative support in Marketing, Administrative and Wholesale departments
• Handles high volume tasks and assists with daily functions (e.g. preparing press kits and marketing material, waitstaff packets, data entry, copying and filing)
• Answer incoming phone calls and take messages as necessary
• Follow through and complete function sheets for marketing events (i.e. festivals, demos, etc.)
• Work with Public Relations firm on applicable tasks, such as contacting media for events
• Work with website company on applicable tasks, such as website maintenance and updates, as well as special projects
• Maintain and build databases and e-mail lists, as well as coordinate weekly e-mail blasts
• Build media contact lists and maintain regular contact. Responsible for shipping wines quarterly for review.
• Responsible for travel arrangements, packing/unpacking, pulling wine, etc.
• Maintains media files and TTB and TABC submissions
• Assist with website management, development, SEO rankings, blogging and social media campaigns and marketing initiatives
• Maintain marketing materials for press kits
• Oversees donation requests
• Maintain printed materials and keep track of inventory
• Assist in execution of all federal and state label approvals including label design, filling out forms, copying and gluing labels and securing checks and notarizations (COLAs/TABC)
• Assist with label production process, then deliver laser proofs to CEO upon request (COLA)
• Coordinate, design, and write all newsletters, press releases, company marketing materials, labels, ads, radio scripts, posters, and displays
• Assist and oversee progress and duties of the Marketing Interns
• Coordinate and oversee marketing needs for competitions, festivals, conventions, etc.
• Assist with production of artwork via computer layout/illustration/pre-press technique
• Represent Messina Hof at applicable events and meetings
• Make sales/promotional presentations to potential clients. Create and deliver presentations to individuals and/or groups.
• Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers, industry partners and media contacts
• Develop marketing and public relations strategies to grow the Messina Hof brand and heighten demand of Messina Hof goods and services
• Expand customer pool as well as develop and maintain critical industry and media relationships
• Establish trust in the marketplace for Messina Hof and Messina Hof’s goods and services, and develop image of industry leadership and innovation
• Generate public awareness of Messina Hof, and foster enhanced perceived value of Messina Hof’s good and services
• Responsible for annual budget as well as development and execution of public relations and marketing plan
• Other duties as assigned
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years of experience
• Have good long and short term memory and ability to maintain records, organize and multi-task
• Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with a variety of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, CounterPoint, etc.
• Understand fundamentals of public relations, how it complements marketing and how it supports overall brand building
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet necessary sales goals and deadlines
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.