Messina Hof Regional Ambassador is charged with representing Messina Hof in the marketplace and promoting development of Messina Hof products and services. This person must meet the needs and expectations of our customers and be knowledgeable about the technical information of our products, pricing and promotions.
• Undertake various promotional activities, such as tastings, presentation to members of the trade and consumers. Attendance at special promotions such as wine tasting dinners, and representing Messina Hof at festivals and other events
• Develop sales volume distribution and profit including direct selling as well as multiplying the sales efforts to ensure distributor sales force execution and focus on the core products and programs
• Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers
• Develop, foster and maintain positive working relationships with distributor, retail, festival, and event representatives to ensure incremental sales and distribution with geographic region
• Ensure the continued sales growth of brands in the geographic area
• Professionally represent the Company in the market to improve distribution levels, shelf space/schematics, feature/display activity, ad plans, and on-premise programs
• Ensure that promotional materials and POS are used effectively
• Responsible for managing activities in compliance with state and federal regulations
• Forward leads, opportunities and contacts to management in a timely manner
• Provide accurate and timely filing of administrative reports, sales numbers, and event recaps
• Provide management with market intelligence including sales trends, product development, competitor activity, pricing, and distributor requests
• Maintain zero shrinkage of any wine, products or marketing materials issued for use during completion of job duties
• Continue education regarding new Messina Hof products and services and continue to advance wine knowledge
• Other duties as required
• Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or 1-3 years related experience in the wine industry
• Must be able to travel as necessary to be physically present at events when needed
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Power Point
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak to large audiences both internally and externally
• Excellent organizational skills and proven sales skills
• Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, customers, management, and industry partners. Must be a person of high integrity and commitment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Ability to manage tasks and to exercise independent judgment without supervision. Ability to act as a very “hands-on”, “roll up their sleeves” executor.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Must be available for at least two (2) events per month
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.