FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Exempt employees are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their tasks. Managers are expected to attend monthly and weekly meetings as assigned.
Reports To: Marketing and Public Relations Manager and CEO
Amount of Travel Required: As Required
Responsible for the growth, direction, development, and maintenance of the VIP program and Wine Club Program at Messina Hof in Bryan and the Hill Country. This position provides personal attention and assistance to our specialty clients, and will be responsible for arranging services to meet the clients’ needs and objectives while at Messina Hof. Additional duties include large private label sales to wholesale clients as well as direct to consumer.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for growth, development and maintenance of VIP group memberships and Wine Club memberships.
• Acts as liaison between VIPs/Wine Club members and their Messina Hof needs
• Engages in VIP and Wine Club customer service activities, database maintenance, and duties to enhance the retention of VIP and Wine Club memberships.
• Establish rapport and maintains relationships with VIP and key account customers.
• Works to build product loyalty by providing customer service to VIP and Wine Club members (e.g. phone calls, emails, and managing personal requests from members).
• Maintenance of records for VIP/Wine Club sales and renewals.
• Processes new VIP and Wine Club member applications according to prescribed procedures for handling personal information; ensures data security protocols are maintained.
• Receives processing and shipping documents and follows through on wine shipments, pending orders and special requests.
• Maintains and updates VIP and Wine Club customer database and files.
• Write the VIP E-Blast newsletter and Wine Club documents.
• Continually conduct satisfaction analysis for the VIP and Wine Club.
• Answers phones, emails, etc. regarding member inquiries and subscription status.
• Attends weekly meeting with department managers at Messina Hof Bryan and Messina Hof Hill Country to discuss VIP program and Wine Club program.
• Works with Retail and Marketing departments to develop and execute high value private label sales both to wholesale clients and direct to consumer.
• Responsible for sales calls to high value potential customers for clubs, wine sales, events, and private labels.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals and profitability of all VIP and Wine Club programs.
• Makes sales/promotional presentations to potential clients. Create and deliver presentations to individuals and/or groups.
• Coordinates with the Marketing department on ads, promotions, and special programs.
• Documents all contacts with customers on communication sheets and submit sales call reports weekly.
• Submits promotion and marketing suggestions.
• Plans and executes annual VIP receptions to maximize VIP attendance and VIP sales.
• Sends event information to club members, tracks orders and packages.
• Promote winery goods, services and events to VIP, Wine Club members and potential customers.
• Responsible for working with department managers to maximize potential sales and opportunities for VIP receptions and events.
• Represents Messina Hof Winery and Resort at applicable meetings.
• Available to work “special events.”
• Works on the tasting room floor as needed.
• Build, develop and maintain the Corporate VIP Program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience.
• Experience in customer service.
• Ability to use a personal computer well and have working knowledge of computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Able to demonstrate multi-tasking ability, have long and short term memory, able to problem solve and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain records.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet necessary sales goals and deadlines.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds from floor to waist. Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.