FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full time
Work Schedule: Approx. 40-45 hours per week
Reports To: VH Chef
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
Second in charge of the kitchen assisting in all details of running the kitchen.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for assisting to maximize sales and control expenses to make restaurant most profitable and run within budgetary guidelines.
• P.O. generation for all needed merchandise
• Keeping accurate inventory of on-hand items
• Personnel management, gourmet cooking, fine dining presentation
• Monthly inventory reconciliations
• Overseeing kitchen staff: hiring, firing, and training
• Responsible for over all cleanliness of kitchen
• Preparation of meals
• Kitchen set up - opening & closing procedures
• Maintenance of a 95 or better in Health Department Inspections
• Scheduling of kitchen staff
• Responsible for food execution for all events
• Responsible for maintaining required labor and food costs within budget
• Teaching cooking classes as scheduled by Messina Hof
• Assumes the duties of the chef in his absence
• Other duties as required
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years of related experience.
• Ability to use a personal computer.
• Previous kitchen management and Sous Chef experience preferred.
• Ability to use kitchen equipment safely
• Ability to read and follow a recipe
• Need to have Food Handler’s Certificate and Kitchen Manager’s Certificate
• Ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.