FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Work Schedule: Managers are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their tasks (approximately 50+ hours per week). Managers are expected to attend monthly Manager’s Meetings (currently the first Wednesday after the first Tuesday of each month). Required to attend the DE meeting on a weekly basis each Thursday at 8:30 a.m.
Reports To: General Manager
Amount of Travel Required: As Required
This position will be responsible for working closely with fellow DE sales team and the General Manager, with the selling, coordination, planning and execution of all in-house and contracted events and room bookings.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Work with the event planning team with the coordination and planning, event set-up, execution, tear down, clean-up, and selling of: in-house events, contracted events and all aspects of the Messina Hof Winery & Resort as a whole hospitality entity.
• Coordinate with Vintage House Manager and/or General Manager and Event Coordinator to determine number of staff necessary.
• Maintain all communication files and follow-up with deposits and records.
• Attend and assist in execution of in-house and contracted events.
• Closing of DE files.
• Answer phones and direct calls.
• Responsible for weekly pre-event consultations with the Event Coordinator.
• Check supply stock for up-coming events and report to event coordinator.
• Organize event binders with all required information.
• Facilitate Messina Hof’s high standards of facility cleanliness and customer service.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals, productivity goals and profitability, as well as being driven to exceed these goals.
• Conduct sales calls to generate future events and sales.
• Desktop publishing, including Designer Events specialized menus and presentations
• Plan, coordinate contracted events (including but not limited to conferences, corporate dinner, sorority/fraternity events, pharmaceutical events, and charity events).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Related degree and/or 2-4 years related experience.
• Ability to use a personal computer.
• Experience in customer relations and customer service with events including scheduling, planning delegating tasks to provide quality service and hospitality to guests.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, eye for detail, positive motivational attitude, and ability to handle all communication between prospective vendors.
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.