FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Managers are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their tasks (approximately 40-45 hours per week). Managers must attend weekly and monthly meetings.
Reports To: Wine Bar Manager
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
Responsible for the growth, direction, and maintenance of The Wine Bar at Messina Hof. The purpose of the Messina Hof guest center is to welcome visitors of Messina Hof as family guests into the Messina Hof “living room” and to embrace them as personal friends of our Messina Hof family. The Wine Bar is the Messina Hof family table where we assist our guest in any way possible in selection, education, and consultation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Wine Bar Assistant Manager Duties
• Assist with all operations and duties of the Wine Bar Manager.
• Supervise Wine Bar staff to include training, discipline and managing employee development plans.
• Facilitate Messina Hof’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
• Maintaining full stock of deli food items, wine and food items, and gift items.
• Maintaining food areas on accordance with health department codes.
• Maintain 95 or better in health inspections.
• Make sure restrooms and food preparation areas are sanitized and stocked each morning.
• Maintaining deck area as clean and inviting environment.
• Scheduling Wine Bar Associates and Manager on Duty.
• Supervise and setup events at the winery.
• Scheduling physical setup for special group events.
• Assuring daily maintenance of Wine Bar area-preparation, stocking, and pricing.
• Coordination of gift preparation, maintain inventories of saleable gift items and promotional materials.
• Developing and executing sales goals and target products.
• Maintaining daily sales numbers and sales histories by salesperson, sales calendars, manpower scheduling, and tour statistics.
• Assist with gift and/or catalog mailer preparation with researched items to be featured, pricing, and target sales goals of each.
• Be responsible for ensuring open and ongoing communications with administration and staff.
• Ensure your department members receive appropriate training in all areas.
• Responsible for physical maintenance of Retail spaces.
• Execution of merchandising plans, marketing initiatives and sales programs.
• Sales and Operations
• Conduct education classes in wine, or wine and food, appreciation.
• Wine Bar sales and tasting.
• Increase market share of Wine Bar area.
• Promote tours, tastings, parties, and repeat sales at the winery.
• Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers and industry partners.
• Work with Wine Bar Manager to identify and communicate all items to be promoted in tours and tastings based on goals to sales staff.
• Responsible for all cash and non-cash transactions in absence of Wine Bar Manager.
• Develop, plan and execute Wine Bar events.
• Develop marketing plans in conjunction with Marketing Department to increase Wine Bar sales and events.
• Inventory Control
• Maintain 0 shrinkage.
• Account for all movement.
• Maintain inventories of salable gift items, promotional materials and all food products.
• Responsible for monthly inventory and other inventories as needed.
• Maintain daily knowledge of floor stock, case goods by vintage, food stock and supplies.
• Other duties as required.
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience
• Good management and leadership skills and ability to supervise
• Ability to operate a personal computer and be familiar with a variety of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CounterPoint, etc. Ability to run registers, post daily sales and reconcile monies. Ability to read P&L’s and control cost centers.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.