This position properly cleans and sanitizes all dishes, glassware, utensils, and pots. Responsible for maintaining dish room and dish machine. Assists with cleaning other areas of the restaurant as requested.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Can operate dish machines to company and manufacturer specification.
• Uses proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine.
• Practice safe use of all tools, equipment, dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans required by the position.
• Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment, dishes, glassware, utensils, and pots and pans.
• Restock all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans in an organized and orderly fashion so that kitchen staff have immediate access to them.
• Removes all garbage to appropriate containers.
• Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes the dish machine at the end of a shift.
• Keeps dish and other storage areas clean and organized.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Related work experience at least 2 years. Ability to use kitchen equipment safely.
• TABC and Food Handler’s Certificate
• Ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, ability to stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.