FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part Time or Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Mon - Thursday plus Harvest hours as needed. Part Time hours will vary.
Reports To: Production Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
As Cellar/Bottling Worker, the employee reports directly to the Production Manager. Duties will include all aspects of the cellar.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Working closely with the winemaking team.
• Cleaning and sanitizing winemaking equipment and cellar.
• Weighing and sorting grapes before crush.
• Assisting with crushing and pressing.
• Performing regular daily pumpovers during fermentation.
• Assisting with bottling and packaging.
• Barrel filling and cellar organization.
• Proper use and handling of winery chemicals and additives.
• Ability to understand and follow all Safety procedures.
• Assist with special events and Harvest duties as needed.
• Regularly attend in-service training meetings.
• Vineyard work as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Comprehensive familiarity of standard cellar equipment and operations.
• Flexible scheduling required, may include weekends and overtime.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to operate a tractor and forklift.
• Ability to carry our detailed or oral instructions.
• Perform frequent manual labor tasks, including lifting, bending, climbing, and other physical activities.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as well as bend and climb. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.